Monday, October 8, 2007

Final Call for This Year


It was probably the final call to go to the lake for the year. I've written before that Marblehead Lighthouse on Lake Erie is probably one of my favorite spots. We take bag chairs and set them out in the shade, take books, water and just relax. The water is beautiful, you can watch the boats and wave runners, the scenery is just outstanding and the place is totally serene.





The only downside to the trip is from mid summer to the first frost of the year, the flies that feed on the tiny animal life love to munch on humans. Because of our warmer than normal fall, they were out in full force today as the first frost has not happened. Nothing a little OFF can't take care of, but it is a chemical product that I would rather not use. We went about this time last year and the hungry files were no where to be found.


Unfortunately, the last two pictures turned out a little darker than I wanted. But the bottom one is the scene from my chair at the lake looking between the trees.

I've also attached a video taken with my digital camera. Still need to practice on getting it to come out properly. But, what the hey. If you don't do it, you'll never learn it.



Today we listened to an old tape of a Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul guy) on the way up and back. I need to listen to the tape a few more times. Jack, in this tape, touches a nerve with me. I need to listen to it with a pad in hand to jot thoughts and notes.

No comments: