Monday, July 27, 2009

More spots to visit

As this blog often points out, we love to travel. As a matter of fact, I've got tons of writing to do about our travels to post on the blog. Beside our usual Ohio and neighboring states adventures (last weekend I was standing in three states at one time) a trip to Florida, Michigan, Washington DC and many other places have been visited over the past year.

Over Labor Day weekend we'll be traveling to the origins of the Mississippi River. I first became fascinated with this point some years ago when I read a newspaper article about it. At that time, I had never seen the river. Since that time, I've crossed and viewed the river at St. Louis, Memphis and in Minneapolis.

Another goal of mine is to have visited all 50 states before I die. With Alaska and Hawaii out of the way, that really shouldn't be all that hard to do. And with the way we're routing this trip, I'll knock of Nebraska, Kansas and North Dakota on the origins trip.

No comments: