Monday, April 21, 2008

Why Four Corners


Someone once asked my why I named the blog Four Corners since I've never written anything remotely resembling anything to do with 4 corners.

I named the site after the only place in the United States where four states share a common corner boundry. The location is the tips of Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.

The Four Corners is for lack of a better term an odd place. Despite the United States being comprised of 50 unique states, it is only at that point where four borders come together.


And that's the tie in. This is a unique place where odd things are shared and discussed.

Diana and I like searching out and going to odd places. We've found the origins or rivers, the place where states join and unique and beautiful places. We've been to the birthplace of Presidents and the burial place of the same.

One of my goals was to go to the Four Corners. Last spring I made it.

Sometime in the next few years, I would like to travel to upper Minnesota and see the origins of the Mississippi River. And the nearby point where three directions of water divides come together to send water to various points to the sea.

As I come across more oddities, I'll pass them along. And of course write about the things that cross my mind or have an important place in my life.

No comments: